The banking industry is changing, and you’re joining us at a vital juncture. As a Wealth Management & Investment Analyst, you’ll find your place in a team that’s performing better now than ever in our 325-year history.
- Applications for 2021 will open in Autumn 2020
What to expect
During our nine-week internship programme, you’ll find your way within our Wealth Management & Investments. With real responsibility from day one, you’ll find a line manager who’ll challenge and guide you, and a buddy and mentor to support you in your development journey.
Working with colleagues across teams and across diverse businesses, you’ll be fully encouraged to explore new opportunities. Many of our interns take on additional projects, work shadow and network in different teams to make the most of their experience with us.
Wealth Management & Investments manages a spectrum of clients and aims to exceed client expectation through its many component parts:
- Wealth Management, with client-centric propositions, innovative services and tools, our Wealth Managers provide their clients with a fully managed relationship.
- Smart Investor, our online investment platform giving clients access to a wide range of investment products and educational resources to help build their confidence in investing, and tools to assist in planning for their future.
- Investment Solutions, supporting Wealth Management and Smart Investor with a range of services including, Discretionary Portfolio Management, Investment Consultancy, Fund Products and Investment Strategy.
- Banking and Credit, providing clients with a range of facilities including ISAs and Bonds to help our customers save for their financial future and borrow against their investments.
How you'll develop
You’ll be surprised by what you can achieve in one summer. Our training programme will provide you with the perfect career foundations, building your business acumen and relationship skills, and providing a comprehensive understanding of our products and services.
In week one of the internship, you’ll work with your line manager to set objectives that will challenge and develop you. From there, you’ll receive regular feedback and benefit from a support network that you can rely on every step of the way.
Throughout the internship, there will also be learning sessions organised to help you understand the whole picture of Barclays UK, with opportunities to hear from our senior leaders.
Finally, if you take part in our Summer Analyst Internship Programme, you’ll automatically be considered for a place on our Graduate Programme for the following year, after your graduation.
Click here to find out more about our Intern development journey.
Who thrives here?
We’re committed to making Barclays everything it can be – for our customers, for our clients and for the future of our business. So we need students and graduates who have that same vision: ambitious self-starters who’ll give their all for our customers, bigger-picture thinkers who’ll know our business and our products inside-out, and analytical minds who can absorb new techniques and use them to help us grow our business.
What’s more, you’ll be passionate about your own development. You’ll ask questions and work hard to further your knowledge, you’ll constantly strive to better understand your role in our wider business, and your drive and determination will see you take advantage of every opportunity our business has to offer.
Whatever your role, you’ll find challenge and reward as you strive to achieve better with us. Build a successful career within a changing industry, and gain the training and support to explore where your talent belongs.