- You’ll learn how we operate in a fiercely competitive and ever-changing industry
- You'll see and experience how we work and collaborate across many areas of the bank to deliver the best solutions for our clients
- You'll understand what skills you need to build a successful career within one of the world’s largest and most successful banks
Managing and drawing insights from data to make smarter decisions. Developing innovative, efficient and tech-enabled processes that redefine the way we work. All driven by a passion for delivering an outstanding customer experience. That’s Operations in a nutshell.
- Applications for 2020 will open November 2019.
What to expect
In just one week, we’ll improve your outlook through a wide range experiences and insights. We will show you the ins and outs of Operations. What does that mean in the real world? It means a couple gets their first mortgage. A business agrees the asset financing for a new fleet of vehicles. A credit card is paid off after a family holiday. All this happening at once, every minute of the day. So in Operations, you’ll be right at the heart of Barclays.
At the end of your insight week, you’ll have a clear picture of what we do and where you might fit. If you take part in our Spring Insight week you’ll automatically be considered for our summer internship.
How you'll develop
Through work shadowing, workshops, interactive skills sessions project work and networking opportunities, you’ll gain an incredible insight into a career within Operations. There will be presentations, case studies and social events with senior leaders to help you gain a deeper understanding and build your network.
Our Spring Insight week also provides you with the perfect introduction of technical, business knowledge and soft skills training to start building your career.
Click here to find out about our Spring Week development journey.
Who thrives here
For the right person, the Operations team is the key to a career full of possibility, where you’ll be in touch with, and highly valued by, the whole bank. But who exactly are we looking for?
- You’re not just customer-driven but customer-obsessed: you’ll want to make our processes better for the end user
- You’re tech savvy, hunting out what’s new on the market and how it can improve what you do
- You adapt to change - in fact, you push for it
- You’re a curious, creative disruptor: you’re not content with the status quo if there’s a way to do it better
- You’re happy talking to anyone – turning complex data into easily understood insights