- With 4-5 projects during your placement, you’ll work with teams inside and outside Barclays
- You’ll experience a range of hands-on projects, from advertising campaigns to social media
- The intern programme is an eight-week placement with one of our Marketing teams
Spend your summer helping Barclays promote its services and win new business. Working on diverse projects with this fast-paced team, you’ll learn how to communicate effectively and creatively across a range of marketing channels.
- Applications are now closed.
In Marketing, you’ll help attract and retain customers and clients, communicating the benefits of banking with Barclays. Driven by commercial objectives, the team develops plans to promote our services and win business. Roles include everything from branding to advertising, social media to digital marketing, plus events, sponsorships and sales collateral. Spend your summer helping Barclays promote its services and win new business. Working on diverse projects with this fast-paced team, you’ll learn how to communicate effectively and creatively across a range of marketing channels.
What to expect
On the intern programme in Marketing, you should be ready to work in a fast-paced creative team. Through projects and network events, you’ll meet with people from across the bank - including Directors and Managing Directors - giving you the chance to experience new aspects of the business every day.
It’s a busy role, but you’ll always feel supported, with a network that includes your Line Manager, graduate buddy, and mentor, as well as colleagues in the wider Marketing team.
You should be prepared to work independently and in teams, gaining hands-on experience of a wide range of projects. This could include:
- Working together with Barclays’ external creative agencies
- Honing your skills as you help us market through social media
- Liaising with internal stakeholders to understand commercial objectives
How you'll develop
You’ll develop a range of transferable skills during the eight weeks. In particular, you’ll see significant developments when it comes to:
- Time management – dealing with multiple projects
- Using innovative digital and social marketing channels, tailoring messages and content to different audiences
- Managing stakeholders – managing expectations
and learning how to present yourself to others.
Click here to find out more about our Intern development journey.
Who thrives here
If you’re organised, creative, and a good communicator, you could be well suited to an internship in Marketing with us. Our students also have a strong business mind-set and the ability to juggle multiple projects - including dealing with the unexpected.