- You’ll learn more about the different investment bank career pathways including Banking, Markets, Research and QA; and where your skills and interests best align.
- You'll see and experience how we work and collaborate across many areas of the bank to deliver the best solutions for our clients
- You'll understand what skills you need to build a successful career within one of the world’s largest and most successful banks
Our Spring Week Programme, provides a unique opportunity to better understand how the different business areas within an investment bank operate. Understand the skills and abilities required to build a successful future career within one of the world’s largest and most successful banks.
- Applications for 2020 will open later this year.
All you have to do to begin with is research which of the Spring opportunities suits your skills and ambitions, and then tell us you’re interested. That’s it. Give us your CV and a few basic details, helping us to make sure we’re doing everything we can do to encourage diversity, and we’ll get back in touch to let you know what happens next.
During this stage you’ll be provided with a number of realistic scenarios giving you a real insight into what you’ll expect as part of our Spring Insight week and helping you understand our industry.
Unlike the other assessments you might have tried, our innovative platform means this isn’t just an exercise in how fast you can type. You’ll find multiple choice questions and space to record video responses too. This way we can get a fairer impression of how you work and what motivates you.
To find out more about online interviews or for preparation tips, please visit Hirevue
The Business scenario stage should take no longer than 35 mins to complete.
If you have been successful we will make you an offer and we’ll be in touch to discuss the next steps with you. If we can’t take you through this time our process should give you the insight and experience to help you find a role in the future.
What to expect
In just one week, we’ll improve your understanding of how an Investment Bank operates and provide greater clarity around the different career pathways on offer, through a wide range of immersive experiences and insights.
At the end of your Spring internship week, you’ll have a clear picture of what we do and where you skills, experiences and career ambitions are best matched You’ll also automatically be considered for, and maybe even offered, a place on one of our Summer Internships Programmes.
How you’ll develop
Through work shadowing, workshops, interactive skills sessions, project work and networking opportunities, you’ll gain an incredible insight into a career within Banking, Markets and Research. There will be presentations, case studies and social events with senior leaders to help you gain a deeper understanding and build your network.
Our Spring Internship week also provides you with the perfect introduction of technical and business knowledge and professional skills training to start building your career.
Click here to find out about our Spring Week development journey.
Who thrives here?
- You'll be a first year university student in any degree discipline
- You'll be a highly motivated individual and keen to work in a fast-paced environment that is constantly evolving
- You'll need a strong interest to discover more about business and finance, be resourceful, team-orientated, have enthusiasm, an entrepreneurial spirit and a strong work ethic to enable you to deliver to tight timescales.