Read more here about our Cyber Security Analyst and Technology Analyst roles. Please note applications are now closed, but please click below to register your interest for future opportunities.
What to expect
During your time on our programme, you will develop your analytical and technical skills through a variety of projects. There'll also be the chance to meet your peers, share ideas and compete in a high-octane cyber-attack simulation.
Cyber Security Analyst
- You’ll have the opportunity to gain experience within two of the five areas that make up the Chief Security Office:
- Security Operations: in Joint Operations Centres, various teams across the business including cyber security, resilience, financial crime and technology come together to identify, prevent, monitor and respond to threats against our customers, colleagues and the Barclays estate.
- Physical Security and Investigations: the security of our people, premises and assets is at the heart of our business. Having appropriate policies and processes in place to mitigate against threats help safeguard our global operations and ensure the seamless running of the business.
- Security Assurance: design and build innovative security solutions and processes to protect against a vast landscape of cyber risks.
- Operational Resilience: ensuring Barclays has the right strategy in place to withstand external threats and disruptions so that it’s business as usual for customers and clients every day.
- Identity and Access Management: enabling Barclays colleagues have the right access to IT systems on a daily basis so that they can serve our customers and clients.
The two-year Tech Analyst programme is divided into two 12-month placements. Your first role as a Tech Analyst will be in a supportive team, where you will tackle real-life projects while attending an Intermediate Coding Boot Camp.
This will help you understand and communicate better with Developers. Your second placement could be in one of the Barclays Technology teams that span Development & Engineering; Infrastructure; Cyber & Security; and Data Science & Analytics.
How you'll develop
From day one, our carefully structured training will give you the knowledge you need when you need it. It starts with an absorbing five-day immersion experience, where you'll get to grips with all kinds of tech. There'll also be the chance to meet your peers, share ideas and compete in a high-octane cyber attack simulation. Your initial training period will then continue with networking events and inspirational talks. You'll discover the values supporting the business and the Barclays ethos. Then, it's onto your first role and all kind of absorbing real-life projects.
After one year, you can choose to stay in your current role or explore another area. Whatever your choice, you'll get to participate in citizenship projects and give feedback so we can make the programme even better.
Click here to find out more about our Graduate development journey.
Who thrives here
Cyber Security Analyst
A STEM degree would be beneficial, especially in Cyber Security and Artificial Intelligence.
We’re looking for motivated people with a strong degree – or expected degree – in any area. You’ll also need a passion to deliver the next technological breakthrough.