- Build a career in an area whose profile and impact has never been greater across the bank
- Develop the skills to raise the bar not just at Barclays, but throughout the financial services sector
- Develop expertise at the forefront of control and regulatory thinking
You’ll work at the very heart of the Bank’s strategy, helping leaders meet their regulatory and supervisory responsibilities. You’ll assess the risks we face, solve complex problems, stand your ground when necessary and see your expert judgment valued at every level.
What to expect
Compliance makes sure we have the right decision-making boundaries and processes in place to meet our regulators' expectations. These boundaries help us mitigate potential principle risk exposure – and protect our reputation. You’ll work closely with our external regulators across the globe to understand how to exceed their expectations. Then you’ll make sure we implement it. You’ll learn how to:
- Operate at the forefront of market and industry thinking on control and regulatory requirements
- Alert us to upcoming external regulatory developments or changes that could affect our balance sheetor reputation
- Stay connected to the regulators so we interpret rules accurately
- Give senior leaders across the bank solid technical support
- Help us correct problems where we need to
- Regularly review our compliance policies and processes for anti-bribery and corruption, whistle blowing and more
- Be a trusted advisor to our business units and act in the best interests of our clients and customers.
How you'll develop
We aim to continually raise the bar not just in our Bank, but also across the industry. That’s why we need the very best future leaders within our Compliance team. Innovative, bold and values-led professionals, they’ll spearhead the creation of a customer-focused culture at Barclays.
We’ll help you to become one of those future professionals, offering a range of development options to support your learning. Our rotational programme lets you explore your ambitions and grasp the breadth of our work. Through monthly peer learning sessions and senior leader speaker sessions, you’ll share in our experience and be inspired by industry leaders. And our alumni network offers prime opportunities to build your professional network too. In short, you’ll become a well-rounded, well-established professional – with the skills and knowledge to achieve whatever you choose.
Who thrives here
People of any degree discipline who are excited about pioneering new services and setting new standards. You’ll also need to be customer-orientated, full of resilience, drive and spirit, and take pride in a job well done. Commitment and drive are qualities that summarise the compliance professional we want.