- Get a taste of analyzing and reacting to changes in the world’s volatile financial markets
- Prove yourself within an expert team that's integral to Barclays’ wider success
- Contribute to live projects that have significant value for the business
Successfully managing risk isn't about just anticipating what’s coming next in the world’s markets — it’s about planning and providing the right response. This is what you’ll be doing, in a team that works at the very heart of our business.
What to expect
Expect to put your quantitative analysis expertise to good use. After initial training in our products and markets, you’ll join our New York team and start delivering work that matters. You’ll analyze all kinds of market data, assessing results, determining how movements could affect our financial positions and then making recommendations. The work will always be fascinating, and could include:
- producing reports on how certain scenarios could impact specific product holdings
- monitoring and reporting on a product’s risk profile
- analyzing the risk and return profile of pending transactions
- creating and maintaining reporting and analysis models.
How you’ll develop
Throughout the summer, our support will help you deliver your best work. In our team-driven environment, you’ll find that mentoring happens naturally and friendships are easy to form. Mentors will guide your progress, and networking and social events will provide a fully rounded experience. Halfway through, you’ll get constructive feedback on your performance. By the time the summer’s over, you’ll walk away with a solid understanding of our business, our culture and your potential place within it. If you perform well and meet our hiring criteria, you could have a full-time role waiting for you after graduation.
Who thrives here
We look for resourcefulness, leadership skills, enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial spirit, often shown through prior work experience or participation in extracurricular activities. A quantitative degree, such as Engineering or Economics, would be an asset.
Meet our people
Having grown up in a small town of a developing country, I have well understood the importance of collaboration and hard work for my professional and personal development.