What to expect
Expect to gain valuable experience, while also having a genuine impact on our business. Working closely with a senior analyst, you’ll exercise your abilities to contribute ideas to thematic research reports and investment recommendations.
In your ten weeks with us, you’ll gain a sound understanding of rates, FX and commodities markets, as well as the economic forces that influence them. Day-to-day, you could be involved in a wide range of activities, including:
- diving deep into the fundamentals of key markets and
- studying the linkages
between rates, FX and commodities markets
- understanding micro structure in bond, interest rate
derivatives, FX and commodity markets
- working on custom projects and conduct empirical studies
using public databases and Barclays’ proprietary data, models and analytics
- collaborating with individuals in other research groups
- interacting with professionals in sales and trading
- gaining experience on
the publication process of Barclays Research periodicals.
How you'll develop
the summer, our support will help you deliver your best work. In our
team-driven environment, you’ll find that mentoring happens naturally and
friendships are easy to form. Senior and junior mentors will guide your
progress, and networking and social events will provide a fully-rounded
experience. Halfway through, you’ll get constructive feedback on your
performance. By the time the summer’s over, you’ll walk away with a solid
understanding of our business, our culture and your potential place within it.
If you perform well and meet our hiring criteria, you could have a full-time
role waiting for you after graduation.
Who thrives here
At Barclays, you’ll be surrounded by people who will help you achieve your ambitions. Our collaborative, supportive environment gives you the chance to build solid relationships with senior leaders and peers alike. To fit in with our team, you should:
- be working
towards a Masters or PhD student in a technical discipline such as Finance,
Econometrics, Economics or Operations Research.
- have strong quantitative skills, including
statistics and time series analysis.
- and we'll also expect you to be a strong team player, with the ability to think creatively and present your ideas clearly.
- Finally, you should be comfortable working in a programming environment, such as Python, Matlab, SAS,Eviews and Excel VBA.