Securitized Product Trading provides liquidity to institutional clients looking to buy or sell securities in the event of client redemptions, in anticipation of the market, or in response to a general change in investment strategy. The trading desk carries an inventory of bonds spanning various durations and risk profiles in order to appeal to a wide range of clients and their various investment needs. Due to the nature of holding inventory, trading is also responsible for hedging their positions to immunize Barclays from shifts in interest rates or spreads. Traders are client facing, and often deal with customers directly or in tandem with the salesperson to discuss strategies or come to economic terms on a trade. Trading supports the primary deals that Barclays issues by making markets on these bonds on a daily basis.
- Application Deadline
What to expect
In this role, you will work to quote levels for clients, risk manage our book, identify trading opportunities in both vanilla and exotic markets, and manage day-today tasks on the desk. You will also be involved in developing new products that will service client needs. You might also:
- Work on pricing, execution, and hedging of new client business
- Developing ideas for new products that we could successfully market and hedge
- Identify trading opportunities among both exotic products and flow rates markets
- Determine pricing and hedging methodology for complex, atypical structures
- Pursue business by speaking or meeting with clients to discuss objectives and determine risk appetite
- Collaborate with research team to develop and refine advanced quantitative pricing and risk management models
How you'll develop
Our support will help you deliver your best work. In our team-driven environment, you’ll find that mentoring happens naturally and friendships are easy to form. Mentors will guide your progress, and networking and social events will provide a fully rounded experience.
You will receive continuous feedback on your performance. In a short period of time, you will gain a solid understanding of the eTrading business, our culture and your potential place within it.
Who thrives here
- People with exemplary technical ability and an intellectual curiosity along with excellent communication skills and teamwork mentality
- Individuals with a strong quantitative aptitude and ability to apply abstract concepts to real-world transactions