Process complex financial insight that changes every day. Anticipate the trends that help the client make their next move. Help make markets that matter across the world. Keeping up so far? Then join us as a Rates Analyst in Sales & Trading.
- Application Deadline
What to expect
It starts with intense training: seven weeks where we’ll surround you with all the skills, product and business knowledge you need to succeed.
Next step? No messing around – it’s time to start your career as a salesperson or a trader in New York on the US Rates Sales desk. Here, the team deals with a range of client types, including hedge funds, asset managers, banks, central banks, pension and insurance funds, and clients making speculative bets using interest rate instruments.
Your role initially will be to support your colleagues, before taking on your own clients. In whatever you do, you’ll work to contribute to the Rates Sales mandate, supporting our colleagues to develop client relationships to their very highest level. It’s intense work, with clients spread regionally and globally, but here’s just a taste of what you’ll do:
- Analyzing and developing solutions to client needs
- Monitoring markets and formulating trade ideas
- Performing analyses on fundamental and technical data
- Attending client meetings and calls with traders, salespeople and research colleagues
How you'll develop
Your ambitions are yours to achieve – but there are so many people here to help you. In this supportive, collaborative environment, you’ll build lasting links with peers, senior leaders, and even clients. And of course, your dedicated program manager will be on hand even beyond your first few years with us, helping you:
- Participate in formal and informal training, meeting your individual needs
- Receive performance coaching and build on feedback
- Find opportunities to expand your network and build leadership skills
- Follow the path from our analyst program to Assistant Vice President
Who thrives here
People who want their team to thrive. You’re positive, you communicate well, and you’re also a motivated self-starter. You can take control of a whole series of tasks and never take your eye off the ball – you’ll get the work done, guaranteed.
There’s no specific major we look for, but entrepreneurship is key. Maybe you can demonstrate that through hobbies or fundraising, or maybe you’ve got work experience to back you up. Whatever your extracurricular activities, you’ll show us you’ve got a clear mind for business, just like us.