No banking service happens by magic. As part of the Operations team, you’ll gain a unique insight on our inner workings and what goes into streamlined, painless processing – whether it’s for investment transactions or personal credit cards. Here, you’ll work on projects that affect all areas of the bank, using data to enable everything from major global deals to day-to-day banking. Most of all, it means bettering the services we provide for our customers, clients and communities.
- Application Deadline
What to expect
As an analyst, you may:
- Perform Know Your Customer tasks while following standard procedures related to Client Due Diligence and Anti Money Laundering policies
- Monitor real time transaction flow, trade updates and exception queues to ensure timely and accurate trade representation across systems
- Work on incident, problem and change management issues to improve services across the bank
- Support continuous improvement of the operational process and the development of best practices; coming up with ways to improve systems and processes
- Provide support for cleared derivatives, performing perform daily reconciliation of related fees
- Undertake a range of complex customer and product related processing activities
Who thrives here
For the right person, the Operations team is the key to a career full of possibility, where you’ll be in touch with and highly valued by the whole bank. But who exactly are we looking for?
- You’re tech savvy, hunting out what’s new on the market and how it can improve what you do
- You adapt to change - in fact, you push for it
- You’re a curious, creative disruptor: you’re not content with the status quo if there’s a way to do it better
- You’re not just customer-driven but customer-obsessed: you’ll want to make our processes better for the end user
- You’re happy talking to anyone - turning complex data into easily understood insights
- You’ll pour over the tiniest details, making sure nothing’s been missed
How you'll develop
We won’t throw you in the deep end on your first day. Instead, you’ll have a week learning about life in Operations. And it’s not just sitting there, watching presentations for five days. You’ll be up and about, getting involved in immersive and interactive activities that really shed light on what we do.
As part of a team, you’ll take on specific business challenges while learning about the importance of data-driven decision making. Not only that, you’ll build up practical skills to help you in your new role, and discover how we do things at Barclays. What better way to kickstart your career with us?
Beyond your first week, we’ll stick by you and provide all the support you need – making sure you have every opportunity to flourish. On the Barclays Learning and Development Programme, we put your personal and professional development centre stage, with training, courses and mentorship at your fingertips.