At Barclays, our reputation means everything. Our independent Internal Audit team plays a critical role in protecting our reputation around the world. We do this by auditing the right things in the right way at the right time – meaning we’re doing fast paced, project based work year round.
- Applications open in August.
What to expect
Expect five weeks of intense training up front, covering the product and business knowledge as well as essential skills you’ll need for a successful start. Then you’ll begin the first of four six-month long rotations in our New York office. You will spend time with different audit teams covering a variety of business and functional areas. Along the way you’ll build excellent foundational knowledge in audit while getting to know our business and our people. You will be responsible for:
- Planning audits, including documenting the scope, process understanding, risk and control identification and testing strategies
- Completing audit fieldwork by testing key controls and drawing conclusions about their design and effectiveness
- Discussing and agreeing the factual accuracy of audit issues with the audit team
- Writing high quality issues and recording management’s action plans
- Testing to ensure corrective steps have been taken by auditees
- Keeping up-to-date with risks, issues and changes across relevant business units
- Challenging others, including auditees, where appropriate to make sure the right conclusion is reached
- Ensuring all work is carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements and Barclays’ policies and procedures
- Contributing to risk assessment activity
How you’ll develop
During your time in our graduate program, our formal and informal training will give you the knowledge you need, when you need it.
First up is our Initial Training Program (ITP) – a cross-divisional classroom training program where you’ll learn financial markets fundamentals, as well as technical and professional skills. By the end, you’ll be equipped with everything you need to know about our firm, the markets we operate in, and how your role fits in.
Once you’ve spent a few months in your role, our Continuing Learning curriculum launches, unifying and refining the concepts that you’ve learned during ITP and the practical training you’ve completed with your team.
Our Program Management Team is committed to helping you achieve your goals at Barclays. Throughout the program you will receive career guidance, continuous performance coaching and feedback to keep you on track. Your managers and colleagues will be here to support you too.
When you complete the Graduate Program,
you’ll have a number of options open to you, including placement into an
exciting role right here at Barclays.
Who thrives here
We look for analytical thinkers, who are self aware and know how to work with people. Other notable qualities of successful team members are resourcefulness, enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Meet our people
I have been able to form relationships with colleagues across the bank in different business areas. This has showed me all of the cool programs the bank runs that I didn’t even know existed.